Riverside's Return To School 2020-2021
We are excited to be back with our Rockets this fall virtually. This school year will be a little different for all of us but we want to be sure you are able to find the information you need to be best prepared for school. As a reminder, the first day of school is Tuesday, September 8th!
Check out our family resource site with tutorials, suggestions and more!
We are excited to share that all Riverside students will be receiving a device for the 2020-2021 school year. A schedule for device distribution is being developed and will be communicated soon.
Laptop Return for Rising 7th grade students
We will be hosting a contactless vehicle drive-thru return of laptops and MiFi devices from our rising 7th grade students on Thursday, August 6th, 2020 from 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:00pm. Please return the laptop and/or MiFi device that was loaned to your child on this day. Additional information regarding the collection process is listed below:
- We will be using the Kiss and Ride line and collecting laptops outside of Door #3.
- Families will need to remain in the car.
- A staff member will safely come to you to collect your laptop and/or MiFi device(s).
- An emailed receipt will be sent to you student’s fcpsschools.net account
- If needed, your child will get a new laptop/MiFi device from your middle school.
- Your child will not be issued a laptop or MiFi device by the middle school until you have returned the equipment issued to you by Riverside ES.
Returning Student Upcoming Events
- August 18, 2020 - Laptop upgrade for rising 5th and 6th grade students. Families will also have an opportunity to pick up yearbooks if they ordered one.
- August 20, 2020 - Laptop distribution for students rising in Preschool - Grade 4. Families will also have an opportunity to pick up yearbooks if they ordered one.